Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Still in West Virginia

It's 10 pm on the 4th of July. I can hear fireworks going off. I knew it would take me a few days to get my head back home, but it's been harder than I thought. The week was wonderful and uplifting. I loved being with our youth group, eating and playing, and just learning more about each other, but I especially enjoyed the time with my crew. It was very important to me that each person in my crew accomplish their job, enjoy themselves and each other, and grow closer to God. I know the first two happened, I hope the third happened. They certainly made all three happen for me. They were always flexible with our constantly changing circumstances, always positive and supportive in the face of adversity, and they made me laugh all week long. I came into this week praying that I would have a positive effect on the kids in my crew, what I didn't expect is how much they, and the BRC youth group, would effect me. And that's why I'm still in West Virginia.

No comments: