Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kevin Would Like People to Know..

It's Thursday afternoon and things are just settling down for the day. I just arrived back from working hard all day on my residents house. The good news is that we finished. The garage, the house and the auxiliary building have all been scraped and painted. The week has been very good, and my role as Chaplain has become consistently easier for me. Green and gray paint all over my clothes may not be the most exciting thing, but it certainly suggests that our crew has had a good time. Walmart and Dairy Queen have never looked so good before. We went there today after completing our duties at the resident's house and picked her up a gift. The flowers (and possibly still coming door mat) will be given to her tomorrow. My crew will then be reassigned to another site to help out the others. West Virginia's vast hills and mountains may make us feel enclosed and surrounded, but that's surely not how I feel here at camp. However, it can still feel like I'm surrounded when Eric is running across the room to play a card in nertz. He can be the most towering mountain of all sometimes.

No comments: